Sub Questions to it would be –
- Am I brushing and flossing correctly?
- Can you demonstrate proper brushing and flossing technique?
- Are the dental tools I’m using the best choice for my teeths
hi there Simran25,
okay, so let’s get into brushing and flossing. You should be brushing your teeth according to the following program:
- wait 20 min after eating before brushing your teeth, this gives them time to recover a little from the acid attack which occurs when you eat.
- Brush for 2 min, twice per day with the fluoride containing toothpaste.
- Do not rinse after brushing, even with mouthwash as this reduces the amount of fluoride in contact with the teeth.
- Clean in between your teeth at least once per day with an interdental brush or floss.
- rinse after meals with the fluoride containing mouthwash.
- Hold the brush at a 45° angle to your teeth, ensuring you clean the gums as well is the teeth.
- Don’t use a toothbrush which has too hard bristles as this could damage your gums.
you asked for a demonstration of proper brushing technique… Here is a great video.
and here is a video showing good flossing technique.
hope that helps 🙂
The information provided through the website is not to be considered dental advice and is generic and does not take into account the physical state, medical status and/or health requirements of any particular individual, which are relevant to the proper diagnosis and treatment of any problem, condition or disorder. Consequently, you should never use or act upon this information without first properly consulting, and seeking proper information and advice from a qualified medical practitioner.